The city of Orlando has become specifically famous worldwide due to the establishment of multiple mega-theme parks over the time period. However, apart from these world famous amusement attractions, this beautiful city has much more to offer to its visitors. Not only the weather of Orlando is pleasantly soothing, but the local cuisines of the area would definitely leave you drooling for weeks. The city is also packed with a number of beautiful public parks, waterfront, as well as museums for its guests. Also, there are an endless array of activities that can be enjoyed by the visitors without even paying a single penny. Apart from that, you can also follow the 10 Tips to save money and travel cheap in Orlando for planning a budget friendly trip.
If you are confused about what to do in Orlando and what not to do,we have created a list of the top 10 things to do in Orlando that cannot be missed out on your visit to this beautiful city, in the heart of Florida.
1) Visit the Walt Disney Theme Parks: The Walt Disney World has been the most important attraction of Orlando tourism. The estate features 4 exclusive Disney Theme Parks; however, the most iconic one out of them all is the Magic Kingdom, with Cinderella’s majestic castle being the center point. The Epcot theme park allows the visitors to meet the various Disney characters and explore the various cultures of the world in the most unique way possible. The Animal Kingdom allows the guest to dive into the natural habitat of African wild animals and click some wildlife photographs. Whereas, the Hollywood Studios allows the visitors to experience some of the best of the special effects. If you are planning to explore this Disneyland thoroughly, be assured to have at least one day in hand for each of the parks. You can also book a stay within the estate in one of its resorts for a more fulfilling Disney experience.
- Ticket Price: $109/day/park (Age: 10+) (Standard Ticket)
- Booking Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/
2) Take a Day Tour to Kennedy Space Center: Situated on the outskirts of the city, Kennedy Space Center allows the visitors to know about some of NASA’s best operations. The Center also lets the visitors know about the early space explorations by NASA. Some of the other major attractions of the space center include the U.S. Astronauts’ Fame of Hall, mock Astronaut training, lunar explorations, shuttle launch experience, and the Rocket Garden, where visitors can see the rockets from some of the most successful space explorations, including the Gemini and Apollo. This is one of the most important places to visit in Orlando for space and science enthusiasts.
- Ticket Price: $ 57 (+12 age), $ 47 (3-11 age), $ 50 (senior citizen above 55+ age)
- Timings: 9 A.M. – 6 P.M.
- Booking Link: https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/info/tickets
3) Explore Lake Eola Park: Spread over 43 acres of lush green recreational area with a huge lake in the centre, this park is situated right in the middle of Downtown Orlando, providing relief from the concrete jungle. If you are lucky enough, you may even get a chance to experience a free concert at the amphitheater. You can spend time at the park feeding the various species of swans in the lake or even by taking a boat ride along with the swans. The park also features a number of playgrounds as well as activity areas for kids to indulge too. This place also has various things to do for couples as well as families. The place is a heaven for photographers as well as nature lovers. Also, there is no other place in the whole city that provides visitors with a better view of the skyline of Orlando.
- Entry: Free of Cost (Various activities inside the park are chargeable)
- Timings: 6 A.M. – 11:59 P.M.
4) Take a Ride on the Orlando Eye: The Orlando Eye is one of the latest additions to the list of most important places to visit in Orlando. This 400 feet high Ferris Wheel allows the visitors to witness a bird’s eye view of the whole city. The visitors get to ride this giant wheel, packed in a see through air conditioned capsule. You can see the whole of the Orlando city, including all its major attractions from the top of the wheel. On a clear day, you may even be able to see the nearby cities, atop the wheel. The best time to get onto this giant wheel is during the evening to witness the sunset as well as the night view of the city in the best way possible.
- Ticket Price: $ 27.99 onwards/person
- Timings: 10 A.M. – 9 P.M.
- Booking Link: https://iconparkorlando.com/attractions/the-wheel/
5) Visit Universal’s Island of Adventure: Visiting the Universal Studios is one of the most important things to do in Orlando on your trip to Florida. Universal’s Island of Adventure is a collection of seven theme parks, each dedicated to one Hollywood Movie Franchise. These 7 parks include the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Jurrasic Park, Toon Lagoon, Skull Island, The Lost Continent, Seuss Island, and the most popular, the Marvel Superhero Island. Apart from these theme parks, the Studios also have various events being organized on a regular basis, within the park complex.
- Ticket Price: $119 onwards/park/day
- Timings: 9 A.M. onwards
- Booking Link: Click Here
6) Connect with the underwater world at the Sea World Orlando: Ever wondered how it would feel to pet one of the most beautiful creatures of the world, the Dolphins? Well, you can do exactly the same at the Sea World in Orlando. Apart from one to one interaction sessions with dolphins, sharks, killer whales, and penguins, the visitors also get to witness the park’s huge aquariums, whale and dolphin shows, and experience various exciting rides as well as the exclusive touch pool.
- Ticket Price: $87.99 onwards/person
- Timings: 9 A.M. – 9:30 P.M
- Booking Link: https://seaworld.com/orlando/tickets/
7) Experience Florida’s music scene at House of Blues: To experience the best of the culture as well as the music scene of Florida, there cannot be a better place to visit than the House of Blues. This very place has been home to various award-winning music performances over the decades. You will surely be able to catch up on a concert with one of the most popular musicians in the world, whenever you choose to visit. Apart from the great music shows the venue is also home to some of the most legendary restaurants and pubs in the area.
- Events Calendar: https://www.houseofblues.com/orlando/concert-events
8) Visit the Wall Street Plaza to gorge on some delicious dishes: If you wish to experience the Orlando nightlife or just gorge on some of the best delicacies served in the city, from around the world, just head to this place. With endless restaurants, night clubs, and bars in a single block, this is the party hub of the city. Gorge on some of the best burgers, authentic Mexican dishes, and spicy chicken wings from the best of the restaurants and try out some colourful cocktails and pick your favourite from the huge collection of beers at one of the pubs. If you are searching for things to do in Orlando at night, just head to this place and you will surely find something interesting, without worrying about your safety.
9) Visit the Museums of the city for free: Orlando has a huge collection of unique museums and most of them offer a free day for the visitors. Every second Sunday, Menello Museum offers free entry to its visitors. Entry to Cornell Fine Arts Museum is always free of cost and you can also visit the Orange County Regional History Center for free, every third Thursday. Also, free entry is granted to Bank of America Card holders, every first weekend to most of the museums of Orlando. Pick your favourite ones and plan out a visit to the same!
10) Meet the wild at the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge: Spread across 140,000 acres of land, this wildlife reserve preserves some of the beautiful indigenous wildlife creatures of Florida. This wildlife reserve is one of the most important natural assets for Orlando tourism. This wildlife reserve is home to more than 330 bird species, 117 fish species, 68 reptile species, 31 mammal species, and over 1000 species of plants. There are a number of ways with which visitors can witness these wildlife wonders and connect with nature in a better way.
- Ticket Price: $10/vehicle/day
- Timings: 8 A.M. – 4 P.M.
- Information Link: Click Here
Including all the above-mentioned things in your to-do list while you travel to Orlando is very important to explore it in the best way possible. Moreover, if this list turned out to be helpful to you, you can also check out our list of top 10 things to do in New York and the best ways to explore the city of Los Angeles for planning your further adventures.