Just as not all men are created equal, not all shoes will suffice to be the best travel partners for your feet. Given that shoes do not make the cut to the list of “Things I need to Travel,” we can understand how you may feel while hiking or going into the snow while wearing sneakers. Your travel itinerary will include all sorts of activities. So, a good pair of men’s travel shoes will make everything more comfortable and easy on your feet.
Top 10 Summer Travel Shoes for Men
Price: $ 66 to $ 195
Merrell is an exclusive brand that designs and manufactures travel shoes for hikers and campers. Built with mesh suede leather, this pair of men’s travel shoes boast breathable lining and a protective rubber toe cap for better protection. If that’s not all, the VIBRAM high-performance rubber sole gives the extra stability and durability imperative for hiking and exploring the hills.
- The in-built mesh layering offers exemplary ventilation.
- High-grip soles are effective in holding your ground in every and any situation.
- Highly comfortable footbeds with a perfect fit those with lower arches.
- Due to the mesh layer, sand can easily get inside, which is not easy to remove.
- Slightly less space for the ankle compared to the standard shoes takes a toll on comfort.
Price: $ 29.99
The Aleader slip-on shoes are meant to travel and go through the water seamlessly without worrying about the fabric getting all wet and mushy. The breathable mesh does an impressive job of keeping insides cool, and if there is water, it evaporates quickly through the same mesh layer. The hot melt toe caps and overlays give robust protection to the feet and the toes during bumpy through the terrain.
- The extra rubber padding on the sole gives increased traction and higher control.
- The sand also flows out smoothly along with water, making them an ideal pair of shoes for a walk on the beach.
- Ultra-lightweight structure making it super easy to take long walks without draining the feet’ energy.
- The numerous different-sized holes on the sole let small rocks and pebbles get wedged between them and push towards the footbed.
- Even though they are made for water, the insoles get easily detached and come out with the feet while removing the shoes.
Price: $ 20.70 to $ 39.99
The Whitin Hybrid shoes are primarily built for running. The breathable upper layer of the shoes ensures that the feet don’t get sweaty, and the specially engineered mesh also supports its sleek aesthetics. The shoes have a reinforced platform under the arch restricting the shoes from bending beyond the middle. The snug fit padding ensures that the feet are reinforced inside the shoes comfortably.
- Lightweight and breathable layering makes it easier to run, walk, and hike in these shoes.
- Better quality soles reduce the chances of slipping on water.
- A standard-sized shoe can rarely fit in wide feet, but the Whitin shoes provide the same comfort to people with wide feet.
- There are some issues with the sole’s ability to remain intact with the shoes, and it tends to fall out.
- The color-coding is not as great as shown on the screens.
Price: $ 89.95
Robust leather shoes meant for hiking and letting you cross mountains without losing the much-needed grip. They are built to withstand any weather, including summers. The Columbia Newton Ridge is built with fabric and leather, and they are also aesthetically great to look at. Metal components, along with a seam-sealed structure, adds to the shoe’s robustness and durability.
- High-quality shoes that can let you walk comfortably through water and dirt without letting the water inside.
- Good for summers, but they can let you walk on the snow with equal comfort and complacency.
- The size is a bit bulky, and the weight can also become an issue with extended usage.
- When exposed to rigorous conditions, the sole is likely to detach from the shoe, which can be an issue.
Price: $ 84.95 to $ 199.10
These shoes are great if your travel plans include a lot of city walks and exploring the local destinations. Did you notice the killer looks and the smooth style offered by them? Incredible, right? Add the comfort and style with a lightweight built, making them an ideal choice for all sorts of travel plans bereft of hiking and beach sports.
- Works with any sort of outfit and adds a unique comfort to your travel plans.
- Easy to pack in a small backpack, which makes them easy to carry around anywhere you go.
- Merrel’s air cushioning technology combined with heel absorbing structure adds to the comfort and stability.
- The price is a bit high for the shoes in this category.
- Not a perfect fit for all types of feet due to its small toe box.
Price: $ 31.49 to $ 110.87
Truly a fantastic find for travelers who want superlative comfort, snug fit ankles, and incredible cushioning, making the long walk a piece of cake for the feet. Skechers has built this pair of shoes for athletic walking, which means they are built to withstand the extra pressure from wearing them day in and out while exploring the city you are traveling to.
- The mesh and nylon combination makes the shoes light on their feet without compromising on the comfort required for the feet during extended walks.
- Included with yoga mat soles that will not let the feet feel the pressure of travel walking.
- A better choice for those whose feet start to hurt after wearing shoes, even for a short duration.
- The sole is made from synthetic stuff, which can become an issue if you are traveling to a place with a higher temperature.
- The sole is also bulged to the inside, impacting the balance, especially not preferable for people with neuropathy.
Price: $ 38.99
These shoes are great for people with wide feet and who want extra arch support. The arch support is built into the shoes, provides better comfort to the feet, and makes sure that you can run, walk, and stroll while keeping with your travel plans. The zero-drop sole perfectly aligns with the feet’ natural shape making them more stable and balanced.
- The comfort levels you will get after wearing these shoes are off the charts.
- It will undoubtedly upgrade your travel experience as these shoes have the looks to impress and the comfort to help you relax.
- One of the best men’s travel shoes coming at an affordable price.
- Even though the shoes are beautiful and comfortable, their build is not robust and susceptible to loosening.
- Weak outer support for the toe box reducing the comfort levels.
Price: $ 99.69 to $ 249.09
Adidas Terrex GTX qualifies as a fantastic pair of travel shoes for men. That’s not all. People who have walked in these shoes find them highly durable. The reason we are recommending for traveling is manifold. For one, they are waterproof, provide snug fit comfort, and the synthetic overlays provide extra support plus durability to the shoes extending their usage and life.
- A great choice for backpacking, long walks, and adventure sports on your trip.
- Reinforced sole for extra grip providing extra stability.
- One of the many pairs of shoes by Adidas fits true to size, which only makes them a versatile pair for traveling and other activities.
- Even though the shoes are claimed to be waterproof, the users still experience water penetrating inside the shoes.
- The lacing system is convenient, but it is not as robust because the laces are susceptible to detach.
Price: $ 14.54 to $ 28.89
If you are going to explore the world with your friends and don’t know what might happen, bringing a pair of L-RUN Athletic might be a smart choice. Built from stretchable material, they are extra light and breathable with a fast-draining fabric, making them a perfect pair of shoes for every occasion. Well, as for the looks, there are 45 different colors available, so you have a plethora of choices to get a pair that suits your style.
- A versatile pair of shoes fit to wear during walking, running, hike and swim.
- Some issues with the size, which means you may have to return after buying.
- The comfort levels from wearing them are off the charts.
- Here again, the shoes are meant to perform in the water. But the sole starts to come out after frequent use in the water.
Price: $ 89.55 to $ 289.00
Starting with its FlyteFoam Propel Technology giving supreme bounce to the person. These shoes are primarily meant for heavy activity and let you explore the world without sucking the energy out of the feet. The ASICS shoes are overflowing with proprietary technologies meant to provide durability while extending better support for the feet. They are built for all environments and purposes, except the one which includes water.
- The looks and performance of these shoes make it an essential pair to own for everyone.
- The shoe shape is optimized to ensure that people with a wide foot shape also get snug-fitting.
- These shoes are meant to last long, with some owners recording their lifespan to cross 800 miles.
- The cost is high, forcing the users to think twice before investing.
- The Nimbus 21 was meant to be an upgrade from the Nimbus 20. Those who own both the models prefer the previous (Nimbus 20).
Traveling without ensuring that you have the right pair of shoes for your adventures is not the best approach. To leverage the most out of your experiences and not remember how your feet hurt during climbing the stairs or hiking a trail, make sure to look at the list of top shoes for men for traveling.
We have tried to include the right shoe for every occasion, including taking a stroll in the park, walking on the beach, hiking the badger mountain, or going on a night out. Having the right shoes to wear will exemplify comfort on all levels, making the trip even more memorable.